Onion Chutney



Bored eating the regular staple side dish every other night, I was looking for something relatively simple that could go along with our rotis. Being lazy best that night, all I wanted to cook, was the simplest of simple dish with not more than two vegetables, but I ended up with just using Onions simple isn't it.  Not that the Kerala version or the Tamil Nadu version of the Onion chutney did not cross my mind, I just wanted something different and I did find it on Closet Cooking.

This is a very simple but tasty one that goes well with rotis and dosas alike. It's just the perfect blend of spiciness, tanginess and sweetness. So lets get started.

Ingredients
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp mustard seeds
4 dried chillies (crushed)
2 big sized onions (sliced)
2 teaspoons chilli powder
1/4 cup lemon juice (or white vinegar)
Salt adjust to taste
Sugar 1/4 tsp (Original recipe calls for 1/4 cup sugar) - adjust to your taste if needed.
 
My way of making
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Splutter the cumin, mustard seeds, dried chillies
3. Add the onions and saute until the start to turn golden brown.
4. Add the chilli powder, salt, lemon juice, and sugar and bring to a boil for a minute.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts