I was short of few ingredients and I sent AR to fetch them for me. Ya, a very supportive husband that way, but oh he did not know what I was about to do with those ingredients. He was in total awe when he finally got to taste them.
This is definitely on the higher side of calories but its so filling that one can't eat more than two or three muffins at a stretch. So lets get started.
Left over cooked rice - 1 cup 200 to 300 gms
Shredded Roasted Chicken - 3/4 cup 150 to 250 gms
Eggs - 3 to 4 depending on how much rice you have used
Oregano, basil, pepper, salt - as per your taste.
My way of making
1. Mix all ingredients together along with spices.
2. Preheat oven to 180C and prepare a muffin tray.
3. Spoon some of the mix into the muffin tray and bake until around 20 minutes till you see a crust like formation on the top of the muffin or a toothpick inserted to the centre comes out clean.
4. Let them cool.
5. Relish them fresh
1. The original recipe calls for some cheese. Since I had none with me I skipped them. I am sure it would taste heavenly with them.
2. Not sure if this could be done without eggs. If anyone tries it out please let me know as well.
3. Chicken could be replaced with some peas masala, paneer masala, mushrooms and much more.
4. Mine was done around 17th minute so keep an eye from around 15.
5. I haven't added any veggies like tomatoes and onions separately since the roasted chicken already was prepared with a masala base.