Simple Chocolate Brownies


This recipe is like a must bake dish for all those into baking and most probably one of the earliest or the first recipes that one tries out when venturing into the world of baking. Its that simple. I just did not fall prey to this mantra and kept postponing it for eternity.

But alas I finally found my urge to bake them, guess why?? Of course, depriving myself of all those junk food (at least at home) made me just crave them more. Thank the weather here at Bangalore, I just did not mind gorging on them. And like after a long long time, I decided to use the white flour which I wanted to use only when I have to bake something exotic and those recipes that cannot be substituted with. Brownies are one such dish. These are really really rich and like they say an indulgent food (read chocolate) , specially when you just need a mood boost. Well you don't need to be depressed to make them, just go bake them right away. Perfect for the quick after dinner deserts ,where you just need to mix up the ingredients at one go and bake.

And guess what, Kavya has begun to like being around me when I bake stuff and extends her hand every single time I bake these days. Makes me more than happy to keep baking for her (and myself). Thanks to her for helping me with throwing in the flour this time around into the mix.

This is a very basic recipe which I adopted from a cookbook for kids and parents- Make and do Cookbook.


  • The original recipe calls for chocolate chips that have to be melted on a heatproof bowl and then mixed along with the butter (Step 2). I have replaced it with chocolate powder.
  • Use of baking powder is a debate in Brownies. Purist may not need agree to using Baking Powder,  I added some though.


Ingredients
Butter                                           - 170 gms
Eggs (preferably room temp)       - 2 Nos
Regular Sugar                              - 175 gms
Coca Powder                               - 3 (un-levelled) large tsp somewhere around 75 gms
Flour                                             - 200 gms
Vanilla Extract                             - 1 tsp
Baking Powder                            - 1/2 tsp


My way of making
1. Melt butter just to the level of softening.
2. Once done, to this add sugar and beat well. Add the eggs one at a time and beat them well. Once done add the vanilla extract and Cocoa powder. Mix them well.
3. To this add the flour and baking powder. Blend them well till no streaks of white flour are seen.
4. Preheat oven to 180C and Prepare (grease your baking pan) a square baking pan or for that matter any mould will do.
4. Pour in the batter and bake at 180C for 30 minutes.
5. Let cool and fudgy dense chocolate brownies are ready to be relished.

Notes
1. Add some nuts, chocolate chips and make them more yummylicious.
2. Vanilla Ice Creams goes well when served with warm brownies.


Comments

Popular Posts