How often do we mothers ponder hard, to offer something healthy and tasty to our kids? Almost everyday isn't it. Or what about the days when we have unexpected guests coming in and we go blank wondering what to offer them.
As a matter of fact the Khoya used here is home made. I always have some dairy product lying around ready that is home made.
Khoya 1/4 cup
Shredded Coconut 1/2 cup
Seedless dates 1/4 cup
Cashew nuts 1/4 cup
Pistachios 1/4 cup
My way of making
1. Crumble the khoya once it reaches room temperature.
2. In a wok, melt the khoya on continuous stirring. Keep on it till the khoya starts turning brown and leaves the edges of the pan.
3. Once done remove it into a bowl and let cool.
4. Meanwhile pulse together dates, cashew nuts and pistachios until coarsely ground.
5. In the same wok that was used to melt the khoya fry the coconut a bit till it starts to brown. Do not over do this. Keep the burner on low flame and keep stirring to avoid charring of coconut.
6. Switch of the flame. Add in the khoya and the ground dry fruits and nuts mix.
7. Wait until the temperature is of bearable heat and start rolling the mix into ladoos.
8. Serve them warm for desserts or some energy boost for kids.
1. Keep stirring the khoya and coconut. If not done, it could get over cooked leading to a different texture of the ladoos.
2. You could add brown sugar at the time of frying coconut if you need it to be extra sweet.
3. Store them in airtight container for upto 4 days or store them in a cool dry temperature for longer shelf life.